Hall GTC

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Always Something that could use a upgrade or Repair

Well after the failed attempt at taking the Hall camping I have been busy researching, buying parts and working on the Van. Here's a few pictures I took last night. The good news is the Van is running slick after bypassing the stock 5 pin system and going all MSD. Starts right away on the first try. I did however notice my alternator was quite lose and would have self destructed at somepoint. So i got a new one. Hopefully I have that and other stuff installed by the weekend and I can take some more pictures and video.




New Gauges since my Oil Pressure and Water Temp OEM don't work. Not sure where I am installing them yet.


Got to have a pressure gauge and a regulator when going to an eletric fuel pump with a carb engine. 


Installed the Red Holley eletric pump I had left from one of my mustangs and a large high flow fuel filter that never fit my mustangs. I hard plumbed the Pump to the filter.


Another view of the new filter and pump.


So the stock horn not only doesn't fit the size of the Hall. It would do it primary function of getting someones attention or expressing anger. Normally I am not a horn user but when I do I like it to be loud! Hopefully these do the trick. :)

Also on Deck is cleaning up some wireing, Aftermarket Steering wheel, new belts and seeing if the driving AC works.

2 comments:

  1. More electrical problems? All my factory gauges work well. Not much to those systems to go wrong. Probably the only easy to see place to mount those gauges is right where you have them. Or maybe suspended from the headliner near the mirror. Mine had a big CB radio hanging down from there which went right in the trash as soon as I got it home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah was thinking that or maybe down by the key ignition. The only gauge working is the charging system. I do wonder if when I detached the stock fuel gauge if i caused an issue. Eitherway I want some aftermarket gauges for referance. Never can have to many gauges. It's funny I had a hudge CB radio covering the hood release. So many times of forgetting where the hood release was prompted the removal of the CB for good. Really compaired to $40 hand held FMS raidos and the advent of the cell phone CB's are pretty much dead.

    ReplyDelete