Hall GTC

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Long overdue update

It's been pretty busy round here with School ending and Graduations and all that fun life stuff. Been working on the van but no time for updates. One week until we go to florence!

Hard to remember where I left off at.. Let's see we got all the brake, turn, running and interior lights working. (New brake switch, headlight switch and a lot of wiring cleanup. )

Took the Van to Les schwab to get the tires and brakes checked. Hopefully they ordered our new wheels and tires this time and get them install this wednesday or thursday before our trip. See the fourm for more info. http://www.hallgtc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5

My Dad bought me new rear tail light covers!




The little things start to add up making the van look so much better.

It was dry so I took some pictures of my crazy tow hitch.



Spent a lot of time replacing all the upper running lights. All are working now except for the front 3 and the front passenger side. (no power) but I a least replaced the lights and cleaned up the wires.  



New ones look so much better


Van got a good washing


Hard to see in this picture but I started re-doing the faded green in Brown.


Saw this van at home depot over the weekend.. pretty cool.


Spent a lot of time working on the swivel chairs and they are ready to install tomorrow.



Well thats all for now.


To why I painted it Brown over the green. First is I'm not a big fan of green being that is the main UofO color but second was that where the green was flaking off it was orignally brown. So I decided to go back to it's orignal color.

2 comments:

  1. the length of that tow hitch is crazy, what is it rated at? Is there more support at the rear of the van or is it really just telescoped out that full distance? You should take some pictures of the rear rack that you were telling me about, I can't tell how it works, and forgot to ask you to see it over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That silver camper is an Ultravan. They are very interesting. Started out Corvair powered. They are built without a frame. Why the brown over the original green? Mine was dark green up top with light green at the bottom. Probably the same as yours. I'm thinking an airbrushed woodsy sillhouette scene all the way around mine.

    ReplyDelete