Hall GTC

Monday, May 30, 2011

First camping trip a no go..

So today came the realazation that my wiring issues were worse then I thought. Not only did I not have Dash lights but none of the brake,turn, running lights work on the passenger side of van. After trouble shooting I came to the conclusion that even if I got that worked out in the next few days there wouldn't be enough time before going to River Bend. So now the new deadline is the trip to florence oregon. June 17th..

My Dad pulled the right rear brake light after I left and said the wiring looked pretty cooked as if it shorted out. The testing we did pointed to a bad light switch and a bad brake switch. So I'm going to stop and pickup parts tomorrow. I did drive around looking for heavy duty caster swivels for the seats but all homedepot and others had were ones with wheels attached. I'm going to check a few places in Salem tomorrow and see if I can find anything local before ordering online.

Also we changed the oil and put the dog house cover back on and I had an issue where the cup holder was hitting the stereo. We did some triming and it fits but need to revisit if we want to put in cds.

No comments:

Post a Comment