Hall GTC

Friday, May 13, 2011

Friday the 13th!!!

Well nothing reall spooky happend other then catching Mark yawning while I was taking a Picture.


Went into town to get a ballast resistor on the off chance that is what is causing the strange ignition issue where the engine doen't start until you rock the key back to run. I figure for $8 I at least have a spare sitting around. At some point I'd love to get a different distributor that'd let me bypass the stock ignition and just use the MSD but that's for later down the road. Anyways decided to stop at the local Pick-a-Part and see what they had. I found the above seats out of an Aerostar and figured they'd make a nice upgrade. Ended up going home to get tools and went back for them.


Before Seats (not bad but hate the color)


New Seat


Not so Dated as the other old seats. I need to repaint the pedistal and make a square steel mounting plate as the track mounts are a little wider then the old ones. I think these should spin around better as they are a little narrower. I think I can use part of the metal spacers that came with the seats.

Today we also removed the battery box for the first time. Man these batteries were in sad shape.








I think I'll clean up the battery box and use two of the smaller batteries. This will leave a little room on the box for me to put terminals for the Battery shunt I want to install to see how many amps are charging or being used. I think I want to go the route of having a seporate amp meter and a Battery level gauge (volts). I'd like to hear recomendations if anyone has them. I'm going to post the questing on the Hall forums. I also am crious how other Halls were wired as mine seemed a little messy.

Going back over tomorrow to sort out Fuel gauge and senders.. well the fuel system period. Lots to do

Will post more tomorrow.





No comments:

Post a Comment