Hall GTC

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

How much time can one spend under a dash?

I know its been a little while since my last post. Been working under the dash installing gauges and fixing wiring. Of course everything I've been doing has been fighting me and taking way longer then it should. I thought I'd at least get up a few pictures.


Got the new connector on the otherside wired up

 Below is the dash side I did earlier

Below is where I deided to mount the dual gauges. I wasted a lot of time on some radio shack Panel mount Leds that were junk. Also using the hole saw where the washer switch and cig lighter was ended up being a project in itself because the holes were to big for the pilot bit on the hole saw. I bought some flat black to touch up the parts I scuffed up.


I was developing quite the mess in the van over the days/nights working under the dash..


I redid the center Panel with wood and added a DIN stereo and some power points. Downside ended up being the wood I used was too thick for the AC controls so I have some dremel work ahead of me.


Picture of the Gauges lit up.. I had no power on the light switch for any of the gauges. Turns out the PCB board does every thing in this van. Working now after alot of head scratching.


Heres a picture of the gauges installed with the switch and indicator lights.



Here's a video of it in action. The indicator light shows what tank you are taking fuel from.
(Very cool but I wasted alot of time making it work)


Well that's all for now.. Hopefully tomorrow night goes smoother..



No comments:

Post a Comment