Hall GTC

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Weekend Update

Well lots of work done this week/Weekend. I did find out that my floor up front had developed a tad bit of a rust problem from the orignal carpet padding and a leak from the water heater lines or the windsheild.



Here's a photo after a lot of wire brush work and cutting out the worst of it.

Here's a picture after painting

Above are the two metal Patch Panels we made

I put down some closed cell foam underlayment before putting the carpet back down.

Carpet going back in

Mason had to make sure everything was going ok.. He approved :)

New Seats in!!!





So now the only two things left to do here is figure out why the dash lights are having issues. and get an oil change done so I can button up the dog house cover.  These should get done tomorrow.

Been doing a alot of thinking about the Table area and after reciving the boat seat I don't think thats the direction I want to go anymore.

I was using the old seats as a test and think they might mount nice there.. Also they fold almost flat.




I like this idea.. If I build boxes about 10inches high and find some sort of lazy susan that will hold up I think it will be the way to go. I could make something to slide between the seats to fill the gap.

Well worth a try anyways.,. So tomorrow morning I head back to homedepot and see if I can find some swivels that can hold the weight.


4 comments:

  1. What's going on with your dash lights? I had to change all the bulb holders on mine as the tabs that hold them to the circuit board were crispy and would just fall off. Also had to change the headlight switch to one with a good reostat so that the dimming would work properly. Nick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like mine is the light switch or the Voltage regulator.. Going to replace the switch first. Also the stop light switch is bad and I just noticed today the passenger side running lights and brake lights are not working on the rear. Lots to get figured out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you see my post in the forum about the lighting problems I had caused by the harness that goes up over the cab?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes.. I thought I might have to open up the access up there but turns out all of that is ok. Really just fried wires behind the passenger rear tail light. My Dad re did the connections and all the functions work. Now I just have the upper passenger running lights and the license plate light not working and they look to be the same kind of oxidized wire that is very brittle. I do have dash lights with the new light switch. The old one was in bad shape.

    ReplyDelete