Hall GTC

Monday, May 9, 2011

General Engine Work


So my Dad and I have been going though the Engine compartment doing some General uninstalling and Clean up. Of note was the old CB Radio hiding the hood latch and the mess of wires that fell out from above the CB. While I was trying to figure out what it was for my dad was removing part of the cruze control system as it had been bypassed for the speedo. Anyways it turn out all the wire was part of that system.


I only had my Kodak Playsport with me and for some reason it took video.

Anyways with all that removed it freed up a bunch of clutter and I never use Cruze so into the scrap pile it went. Next I had to mount the MSD 6AL I had left over from a pior car. We moved the ballast resistor so there was room to mount the MSD. There wasn't really any other place.


Connecting it up is pretty simple.



Basicly you have your Battery +/- connections. Then the +/- wires to the MSD Coil. Last is the two wires to the old coil wires +/-.


Running Pretty smooth but a little whistle sound coming from the Carb. I think its from the Fast Idle Shaft that my dad tried to clean up. Looing into upgrade options.

Next up is the whole fuel system and the Generator followed by replacing the rusting battery tray.


No comments:

Post a Comment